Re: Whitewall - tactical scale map, death star Whitewall

From: donald_at_...
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 20:12:56 GMT

In message <c3c7au+qs65_at_...> "jorganos" writes:
>Ok, I've produced an ugly version of how I interpret the current
>information on Whitewall. Putting together the known facts, I found
>that doing so created necessary places which in turn required
>descriptions.
>
>My first sketch map is little to write home about, but it helped at
>least me to connect some of the geographical data and military info.

Very helpful.

>(The neutral copse) - I haven't placed this, yet. Suggestions are welcome.

Near the Last Drop Pool would be my suggestion. If the Pool itself is neutral it prevents the Lunars poisoning the water supply to WW.

>Access to the plateau prior to Tarkalor's Bridge: Any ideas, suggestions?

Ramsdrift climb I would think unless there is a practical path near Helmakt's drizzle.

This leads me to a question, just how competent is Jorkandros supposed to be? I've assumed him to be reasonably competent but perhaps too set in DH traditions to make proper use of all his forces. Here he's made another mistake setting up his main camp on the opposite side of a steep ravine rather than on the plateau next to WW. I assume even he would also put some troops on the plateau, perhaps that's the camp that's overrun after the BatBlat as I don't see the defenders sallying out all the way to the main lunar camp.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/