Re: The Bat-Blat

From: Oliver D. Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:57:04 -0000

How the heck do the Lunars co-ordinate with this thing? It'd be like them using a small nuke and charging in at the same time. Wouldn't their troops have to pull back before the Bat goes in? They're not immune to its effects either.

When you send the Bat in the general is expecting nuclear style results, massive destruction, fatalities, madness, etc. Later after the Bat's gone the troops should go in and clean up. Unfortunately the Bat didn't work in this case and be the time the attackers returned the Heortlings were ready for them.

Perhaps most of the defenders hid below the ground. Asrelia hides her wealth as a potential myth? Maybe this is the event that kills the Earth Priestess? She sacrifices herself to save everyone. Which leaves Broyan et al to attack and drive off the Bat.

We "know" that Broyan got around its area affect attacks somehow and managed to slaughter enough of the Bat Priests to make them lose control. At which point it buggered off to Pamaltela, right?

> My thought is that Broyan and his companions must manage to (1)
> neutralize the Chaos Scream, and (2) magically augment their group
> attack big time. two options come to mind:

I like both the options. Another related possibility is that maybe they used a heroquest to lose the ability to be driven mad? Maybe this is why Broyan fails later on. (I'd originalyl thought they'd lost the ability to be scared but I guess that's no longer an option).

Oliver