Re: Re: Lunar Fliers

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 00:55:25 -0800

> Very nice! I like it. If you'd like I can add it to the Wiki site.

I've done so.

> Can we add Biggles too?:-)

And the Colonel that "loves the smell of Poison in the morning". And any other "Crazy Pilot" stereotype you want to add :-). I'm sure someone in the group has the whole Knights of the Air attitude and always drops a bottle of the finest Pelandan Sparkling Wine on the funeral of his opponent, while others are up there for the pure adrenline rush of it, and others just like killing things and wyverns are so cool.

Pick your favorite pilots from any air (or space - Han Solo would fit right in!) combat movie and have fun!

>Good idea to add the Wyvern Riders to the Whitewall siege. But we have to
>remember that they will survive (they appear 1621 at the Cradle incident at
>Corflu).

These aren't "the" wyvern riders, but "some" wyvern riders. Any other riders out there are members of other herobands - like the Coders. If the Flying Cirrrrkus is wiped out at White Wall, that's not really a big deal - some other group will be the ones to show up at Corflu. With the massive air superiorty that the Orlanthi have most of the time, I expect only the razor reflexes and finely-honed skills of the pilots keep them from getting wiped out in the first few months of their deployment.

One "notable member" I thought about adding (but added the broo instead) was a grotaran on a *huge* wyvern for "Heavy Air Support". Not saying that he couldn't be there...

>I would like to have more than only 6 Wyverns and riders...

I originally had 10 fliers, but cut it back - wyverns aren't really all that common. I figure if anyone wants to join up, another wing or two could be created. Or heck, just add in some more if you need them. Ground Crew is ~25:1 in comparison to pilots (that includes all support staff, from wyvern wranglers to body servants - there's probably a largish commissary to provide meat for all those hungry reptiles...)

[snip]
>All this is from THE WIDOW`S TALE.

I prettty much ignored Widow's Tale when writing this, frankly. This group is meant to be more than a one-man show - Teel-Al is part of another group. No way would the baron allow his men to be dispersed in one-man teams.

RR
- Richelieu