Re: Whitewall - tactical scale map, death star Whitewall

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:02:35 -0000

John Hughes
> Just one initial quibble/elaboration: That norh south road
> shouldn't be the main Smithstone-Wilmskirk road, though one
> of them will be Tarkalor's road to the city entrance.

> The Heortland and LOT maps both place the main road a few miles
> to the east of Whitewall, with the Whitewall road running west
> from the main highway.

I was sloppy wrt the scale, yes.

> It makes sense that the main north-south
> road wouldn't climb the plateau when it can skirt the edges,
> which is what the maps suggest.

I don't regard the hills and valleys west of Ammonite Face and south of the Drizzle as part of the plateau. The road appears to run through the eastern Destor's Hills, avoiding the northern, separate part of Northvale.

> Besides, we need a a few bridges and ravines on the plateau itself. :)

I was planning to have those fly-through ravines in the shadow of the Hillback. "We need to strike at it before it gets around the hill!"

http://www.eparsnip.f2s.com/phpwiki/index.php?Death%20Star%20Beast

has a few yet badly formulated ideas how to get George Lucas as director for this episode in the siege. Ravines, arches and devastated cave-inns leading to the hideout of the evil scheming Orlanthi threatening the campsite of the Good Empire...

And it is up to the referee to decide whether this is just a trap or a serious threat.