Re: Batty batty batty

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 17:29:19 -0000

Roderick expands and fixes my thunder deafens the bat suggetion:

>Shortened for space<

< I think a series of Thunderclaps .. that act like strobe lights on the Bat's Sonar would probably do as well or better. And accompanied with Lightning to act as *real* strobing lights,...>

Exactly what I was leaning towards. I really like where you are going with it. Thanks.

> How do our human heroes manage to operate in this?

For the Orlanthi by being suitably prepared of course. They know its coming and try to make suitable preperations to operate in intense storm. I do not imagine this is that unusual for Orlanthi (if its raining and hailing too for example all those Run Over Mud feats become really useful). Perhaps average Orlanthi joes participate as 'unwashed masses' heroquest which teaches them how to operate in this kind of storm. Great HQ opportunity for less-heroic players.

As for the Lunars - well I think they are in more trouble, but they are going up against Orlanthi so they must have some tactics for dealing with this. Lunar heroes may also have quests to fight in storm too so some bad guys could be able to function too. But I expect their numbers are less. Still lunar player heroes should be among those given the chance to have some magic that lets them do something other than say 'I'm blind, I'm deaf, I'm soaked, that hail really stings' unlike their more unfortunate comrades.

if we are going to have that breach in the wall, maybe it happens when Orlanthi having finished off the last of the bat priests, realise the flaw in their plan as the totally out of control bat flies straight into the wall, dashig its brains out, but creating a breach. Can our heroes get off the bat in time? Will they notice its scuicidal course amidst the lighting and rain?