Re: Bat-blat, Aroka

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 06:01:29 -0000

>> I am not in favor of the Bat going to Pameltela (assuming it even
>> can cross the ocean before expiring).

> There's a Blue Moon in the middle of the ocean so that's no
> problem.

IMO, the Bat flying to Pamaltela puts us into Penguin Keet Samurai country. We can note it as a possibility for way-out-there Narrators to enjoy, but I don't think it should be part of the historical record.

My money says the Bat Must Die. For the sound reasons John and Jeff supplied.

Incidentally, I note from Roderick's "Kinder, Gentler" BatStat that it isn't stated to be necessary to sacrifice the High Priest of the Crimson Bat Cult to bring the Bat back from the Otherworld. Eh? I always liked that notion, myself... and it was a great way for us to motivate the Bat Man in "Life of Moonson" to keep his charge safe.

OT -- re: Vexilla/Decimation -- is this the spirit of retribution for the vexillum, attacking the ineffectual soldiers who vexed it?

Cheers, Nick