Re: Re: Bat-blat, Aroka

From: Benedict Adamson <yahoo_at_...>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 13:45:54 +0000

Jeff Richard wrote:
> So do we free the Runegate souls or not? I'd like that to be a
> possibility - maybe even a heroquest that players can be involved in.

Aroka can be killed and opened in a HeroQuest without a real monster being killed and opened, IMHO, so a victory in the Bat-Blat could still open (wound) the bat without killing it.

And there is always the cop-out of its hideous chaotic/undead/cyclic nature: the defenders kill the bat, slitting open its belly and freeing the souls, but it brings itself back to life. For maximum horror, it thereafter trails is innards beneath it from the gaping wound.