Re: Re: Bat Planet and Broken Ring

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 01:38:09 +0000 (GMT)

> the precise timings of the
> appearances of Orlanth's Ring and most of the
> planets haven't been
> defined; so we can say that "The Bat Planet is due
> to occlude the
> Broken Ring" whenever we darn well want it to (for
> plot purposes).

I think the *concept* is going to be helpful. Just somehow give the Orlanthi the idea that the occlusion date *matters*, from their spies in the Lunar camp if nothing else. Then, when we're coming up to Dragonrise time, Kallyr has had a hint that occulsions of Rings are something to make use of, and *she* can decide that the ring occludes the Dragon whenever *she* darn well wants it to. And off she goes to do something about it. I like foreshadowing :)

> BTW, there's not been much mention of bat-frying
> lightning strikes,
> as yet. Is there any good reason for this? Or does
> it go without
> saying, along with the flaying hails, sandblasting,
> rain you could
> drown in, and other special effects of the Seven
> Storms Unleashed?

Goes without saying, surely?
And I think you forgot the freezing sleet - the sort that's sharp enough to draw blood.

Jane Williams