Re: The Scimitar and the Bat

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 03:04:29 EST

In a message dated 21/03/04 03:04:10 GMT Standard Time, donald_at_... writes:

> Resorting to the use of the Bat at Whitewall *could* mean somebody
> >outside the normal military decision-making process has forced something
> >unwelcome upon the Army.
>
> Jorkandros seems to suffer this sort of thing quite a bit, he's the
> guy in charge on the ground yet he gets lumbered with plans made by
> others and then gets blamed when they don't work out. Of course the
> reason the Bat's sent to WW may be more to do with someone not wanting
> it on their patch than a positive decision to use it. I can imagine a
> collective sigh of relief when people realise that for a few years at
> least they don't have to find excuses for not hosting it.

Surely we are not suggesting that their are honourable Lunar Commanders who might, just somehow, collude with the Whitewall barbarians becuase THEY dislike the bat as much as anyone else. In our glorious empire? Surely not. Never happen. No. Never. Senior commanders aren't even offically told of any of the bat's secret weaknesses.

Keith
"Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me!"