Re: Re: The Bat-Blat

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 04:52:14 +0000

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 10:00:06PM -0000, Nick Brooke wrote:
> Keith writes:
>
> > Besides, I forget which way the moon turns.
>
> www.etyries.com/moonie/moonturn.htm is your friend!

Or alternatively, 'same way as the RW moon'.

[pause]

Oh yeah, good point. Well, to quote Prof. Archie "Ghostbuster" Roy (also appearing at your local public library, I'm informed), one "mnemonic" that he didn't-exactly-recommend was that you notice that one half moon is like a C, and the other like a D. Then you recollect that "C" stands for Crescendo, and "D" for Diminuendo. Then lastly, you recall it's the other way around. The very stupidity of this method may be why I still in fact _do_ remember it, 20 years on. Good god, I feel old. It must be about 8 hours past my bedtime.

Cheers,
Alex.