RE: Re: Bat-blat, Aroka

From: donald_at_...
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:50:36 GMT

In message <7434365B6A44284B854296835B89C6E7020630_at_...> "Jeff Richard" writes:

> When the Bat is defeated by Broyan and the Whitewall defenders,
>(1) it is really unexpected, and (2) the rest of the army is dispersed
>and in a really awkward setup.
>
> I presume the army retreated to a more defensible position
>(after having its camp plundered), reformed and reorganized, and
>returned to the siege - this time under Tatius' command.

I think it was only the camp on the plateau which was plundered not the main Lunar camp. The troops there were probably shieldwall infantry who thought everything was lost and fled while the rest of the army stayed put. I don't think Jorkandros called off the siege until Tatius arrived which would be several seasons.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/