Re: Re: Retrofitting Fimbulwinter into KoS

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 18:27:46 +0100 (BST)

> I think that kallyr's LBQ is actually a 'practice'
> HeroQuest - the
> ritual that takes place in the Middle world. Note
> that Kallyr refers to it as ritual on her return.

You're talking about the Iceland one, I take it? I like the idea, but she really does come back with Voria. In person. Not a cardboard cut-out imitation, the full 10W6 version. Can that be done with "just" a powered-up practice quest?

> Note that
> no one tries it in Sacred Time according to OiD, but
> they do decide
> the time for the fight. Presumably the rebel leaders
> delay to gather
> strength for performing the annual Lightbringer's
> Quest.

Good point.

> By the way, Ashart could easily die of heat in 1621.
> it might be worth having a hot summer of 1621
> written in to our Whitewall deliberations.

Another good point. And by that late in the siege we can have the Whitewall magical water supplies going wrong, too :)

Jane Williams