Re: Re: The BatBlat

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 18:46:48 +0100 (BST)

> >>The air retreats, and it cannot
> >>scream. The air retreats, the bat
> >>priests cannot breathe...
>
> This is *so* good and would be a delight to narrate.

Isn't it?

> And (in itself) it
> would beautifully foreshadow the Fimbulwinter. In
> fact, if some have had
> visions, precognition or dreams of the Fimbulwinter,
> they *might* think this vacuum was it.

Oh, yes! Great point!

> Yes, but... I think
> you've completely failed to comprehend the size of
> this thing. At this
> point in time, it's (roughly) 1km long, yes? Then
> it's wingspan is *at
> bare minimum* 2.5km - possibly as long as 4km.

And lots more good sums.
You're right, this is a Problem.

That 1km figure, however, is a *maximum*, I believe. For a fully-fed Bat. Let's shrink the thing back down to a point where we can handle the crash and narrate the scene properly. It can still be just as powerful, only more, erm, "compact"?

How big does it need to be to interact properly with the scenery?

Jane Williams