Re: Re: Retrofitting Fimbulwinter into KoS

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:28:07 +0100 (BST)

> > The Sacred Time is nominally 2 weeks in length,
> but this is
> > traditionally the same week repeated, so a 7 day
> Sacred Time
> > Quest could actually take 14 days and nobody would
> quibble.
>
> An excellent observation. Did this quest take place
> in Sacred Time?
> (I lose track, sometimes). What's the source for
> dating it?

I'm afraid it's Denseros. We know it was after 1602. He describes Kallyr being crowned, then describes this, then describes Old Top and her being killed. So we know *nothing* about the date, really. It could have been 1626 as Denseros is trying to suggest. It could have been the Iceland one. It could have been post-1626, after he's trying to make out that she's dead. It could even have been 1613. Or 1603. We Dunno.

Jane Williams