Iceland and LBQs in CHDP: official

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 01:04:42 +0100 (BST)

Email from Steve Martin.

Steve:
As to the Fimbulwinter, the official statement on Battle of Iceland is this:

King of Sartar, page 150, "Tatius the Bright", 6th paragraph, 1st sentence:
"King Broyan ambushed the Lunar Army, destroying some of the best soldiers of the Lunar army."

That is the Battle of Iceland. (Note how the author cleverly doesn't mention Kallyr.) The rest of the events in that paragraph happen afterwards.

Hope this doesn't destroy any theories. :)

Me:
Great, thanks. Can I pass that on to the lists? Whitewall and the Glorantha one?

Steve:
Sure, as long as you make it clear that anyone and everyone is free to invoke the YGWV rule if they don't like it.

So I am :)

I then asked about Kallyr's multiple LBQs.

>Any word on Kallyr's LBQ in CHDP and whether it's
>actually the one she did during Iceland would also be
>appreciated.

And Steve said:
You mean the Short Lightbringers' Quest? No, that is not the one she did in Iceland -- it comes later.

So there goes a rather nice theory :( Never mind, it frees space for half-a-dozen others.

Jane Williams