Whitewall At Tentacles

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:19:16 +1000

Hi folks

I'll be attending Tentacles in Germany at the end of May, and will be conducting a number of Whitewall-related events.

I'll be giving a Whitewall seminar including a Powerpoint presentation on the siege, based around what we've discussed so far - which could already fill *hours* if we wanted it to. I'll be sticking to the relative basics - but would be overjoyed to make it a joint seminar with others from this group.

If you'll be at Tentacles, and are interested in giving a section of the talk on the siege, could you please drop me a line privately: john.hughes_at_... or
nysalor_at_... (except for the you know.. bits). I'll be happy to produce the slides and master notes, but would greatly welcome other voices. In particular, Lunar perspectives, lunar troops, the history and mythology of the City, and the Volsaxi background are areas I don't have much expertise in.

I'm sure the seminar (and of course, the entire con) will be a real blast.

There's also a Tentacles section on the Wiki Wiki Whitewall.

Also, I'll be running a few sessions of 'Stormhold of Southland' a Whitewall storytelling module largely based around what I've learned from the group over the last month or so. Its in my own idiosyncratic style, partly because I have only limited preparation time, but will probably be published in a more conventional (stats) format later this year. Here's the blurb:

Stormhold of Southland

A night upon the walls of besieged Whitewall

A single session storytelling multiform by John Hughes

The wind is cold tonight... When the blue arrow called, heroes from across Sartar journeyed to besieged Whitewall. They came for Orlanth, for Kallyr and for Broyan. They came for glory, to kill Lunars and win immortal fame in song. But lonely nights upon the wall are a far cry from the champions battle and toasting of heroes in hall. On the star watch there is time to reflect... on honour, courage, and loyalty... on betrayal, cowardice and fear. There is time to remember. And time to contemplate the death of your god.

A dice-lite, character-intense, experimental-in-parts storytelling module for five weary sentries. To be run at night upon the walls of Castle Stahleck.

Cheers

John

John Hughes
Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research Australian National University
Canberra ACT 2600