Re: The BatBlat

From: Oliver D. Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:25:08 -0000

Roderick said:

> It's a God. It doesn't (necessarily) obey the laws of Physics.
>C'mon - the thing is the size of a small town and it FLIES! It
>shouldn' even be able to move on its own. (cf all the discussions of
>movies like "Them" that decry the physics of ants the size of
>buicks). Why *can't* it be agile as well? If we're going to ignore
>one physical law, might as well ignore more.

Your point certainly is a valid one but I've always imagined it as being fairly slow. I think the Cults of Terror description refers to it moving no faster than a horse runs. Being unnaturally slow is kind of creepy too. Can you imagine how FAST something that big would be if it was as proportionally fast as a real bat? It'd probably fly Mach 2 or something!

Oliver