RE: Re: The BatBlat

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:39:37 -0800

A little more on Artia - from an old Glorantha Q&A:

"In Dara Happa, Shargash is the greatest war god of the Empire, whereas Artia is a little-known and greatly-feared demon of the underworld who haunts the sky. The only relation between them in Dara Happan mythology is that Artia was defeated by Shargash, and bound into her place in the sky. However, in Orlanthi mythology all three of these planets are enemy gods who were bound into the sky as punishment. All three continuously try to break free of their bonds, which is why the Southpath planets appear to move so erratically."

I'm certain there is an Orlanth (or Vingkot) defeats and binds Artia myth.