Re: The BatBlat

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 21:08:01 -0000

Oliver writes:

> For the purposes of this story all the Bat has to do is fly up
> (whether quickly or slowly, and I can easily accept that it moves
> 1 1/2 times as fast as a horse, that's still slowish flying for
> something that big) and attack the Citadel. Nothing fancy
> involved.

I think it's important to recognise that, at this first appearance, the Crimson Bat should be animated using traditional stop-motion techniques. When we get deeper into the Hero Wars we can use the latest bleeding-edge digital animation techniques (inc. agility, aero*bat*ics, clever camera angles etc.), but for this first outing it ought to look and move like a lumbering Harryhausen rubber puppet.

That way our readers will, over the course of time, get the sense of myffic progress we're after. :-)

Half-seriously, Nick