Re: the BatBlat

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 06:27:56 -0000

> Given that fact, it may be flying
> in the HeroPlane or something, so
> the physical aspects of the middle
> world is not always relevant.

I think that, along with similar "mobile geography" (Mother of Monsters, Dragons, Hydras, some Giants ), the Crimson Bat is a mobile gateway/weakspot into the Hero Plane*. The BatBlat is a success because the gateway to the Hero Plane is overwhelmed by the gateway to the God World created by the summoning of the Winds, Storms and finally Orlanth.

And, of course, the creation of that gateway to the God World summons an ancient enemy, the Deep/Dead Sea. I'm not certain which plane this is, but it "feels" like the Underworld.

regards,
Charles