New geographic musings on the Wiki

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 12:43:36 -0000

I spent the last few days on job researching Geographical Information Systems, and much of that research can be applied to our mapping problems. Things like interactive uploading of map layers and detail maps are natural for these systems, and some (like GRASS, an Open Source project) have a web interface, too. Unfortunately I'm still some distance away from having mastered the basics, let alone web interfaces, but these things are used by the pros, so why not by the Glorantha community?

However, this has led me to ponder about vertical data for the Whitewall maps. Check out
http://www.eparsnip.f2s.com/phpwiki/index.php?Map%20Making and
http://www.eparsnip.f2s.com/phpwiki/index.php?The%20Plateau for the results.

If there are any IT wizards with some experience in this direction around, please speak up!

Joerg