Re: Re: The BatBlat

From: kmnellist_at_...
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 15:29:04 EST

In a message dated 01/04/04 15:54:01 GMT Daylight Time, morriganenterprises_at_... writes:

> In all
> Gloranthas it will have its wings fully extended while doing so. All
> narrators feel all this is more flavoursome than your alternatives and will
> lead to MGF.

My vision of the way the bat works is that it isn't really an insect eating swooper but a blood licking vampire bat and swoops to the ground and grabs things with it's wing thumbs, sending out long tongue tendrils to pick up tasty mortals. This is, to me, just a creepier, more Tssathogua solution. I do not personally see it a a giant B52 bomber, or an eagle that glides on air currents. It is a creepy little crawler of immense size. (I don't agree with the kilometer long thing, at least as a general rule for Bat size, maybe on the godplane, or when you're actually on it.). Have you seen vampire bats crawling along the ground? They're creepy! Imagine that flopping down on the city and fingering things with it's handwings.

Keith