Re: Re: The BatBlat

From: donald_at_...
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 20:34:26 GMT

In message <c4grbi+nt8f_at_...> "Rob" writes:
>You know, the one abiding impression that I am left with from our
>ruminations is that we may start to become desensitised to the
>horror of the bat. In the old days the mere thought that terror
>oming to our neighbourhood would send the stoutest warrior on the
>first bus out of dodge. Of course with Heroquest we have other
>options. We have quantified hero's such as Kallyr and Broyan who
>manage the unimaginable and drive off the weapon of mass
>destruction, the crimson bat. We can now have characters that will
>not run and may even telport/fly and mele on the [starship] bridge
>on the bat. Great times, but lets not forget the sheer horror of
>the thing!

It's probably as well to remember that we're looking back on the BatBlat knowing the end result. Kallyr and Broyan didn't know that they would succeed. It's a last desparate stand - let's see if we can take out a few priests before the monster eats us all. Even the most optimistic would have thought they were on a suicide mission so those who return will be thinking "How the hell did we do that!"

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/