Re: Re: The BatBlat

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 16:17:43 -0800

> It's probably as well to remember that we're looking back on the
> BatBlat knowing the end result. Kallyr and Broyan didn't know that
> they would succeed. It's a last desparate stand - let's see if we
> can take out a few priests before the monster eats us all. Even
> the most optimistic would have thought they were on a suicide
> mission so those who return will be thinking "How the hell did we
> do that!"

The other thing to remember is that probably no-one knows that the Bat is going to go crazy when people show up on it's back - certainly not the Orlanthi strike team or leaders. The Bat Cult knows it (since they would have learned "don't take non-cult members on flights"), but that wouldn't be general knowledge. (Probabaly most Lunars don't know). Maybe some General once said "Hey, Fly me down to XX" and had to be told, but why bother to tell anyone else, even in the governemnt/military? This *is* the equivalent of Air Force one - and the plans for that puppy are not available to the public!

RR
- Richelieu