Re: The BatBlat

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 11:41:26 -0000

> morriganenterprises_at_b... writes:

>> In all Gloranthas it will have its wings fully extended >> while doing so.

It's a "Lunar all", then? I certainly expect some fluttering above the target area while the tentacle tongues slip out.

> My vision of the way the bat works is that it isn't really an
> insect eating swooper but a blood licking vampire bat

With a long, prehensile tongue now turned into three tentacles...

> things with it's wing thumbs, and swoops to the ground and grabs
> sending out long tongue tendrils to pick up tasty mortals.

Morsels?

> It is a creepy little crawler of immense size. (I don't agree with
> the kilometer long thing, at least as a general rule for Bat size,
> maybe on the godplane, or when you're actually on it.).

I'm in for a kilometer wingspan, which is still sufficient to blot out quite a bit. Looking at the map scale in DP:LoT, anything bigger would outsize Grizzly Peak... Even so the "Dead Sea Rising" would be too cramped on the (still current) map of the plateau.

> Have you seen vampire bats crawling along the ground? They're
> creepy! Imagine that flopping down on the city and fingering
> things with it's handwings.

Or, as the Colymar would say: Remember Runegate! We know it settled down there to feast after breaking the initial resistance.