Whitewall Presentation at Tentacles

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 09:50:50 +1000

Hiya folks

Joerg and I (and any one else who cares to join us) will be giving a seminar on Whitewall at Tentacles in Germany at the end of May, based around a Powerpoint slide presentation. If you would like to contribute, please let us know. (Nick, did you get my email?)

There's a coordinating page at Wiki -

http://www.eparsnip.f2s.com/phpwiki/index.php?WhiteWall%20At%20Tentacles

We're planning on a presentation of approximately 40 minutes and then discussion/brainstorming for up to 80 minutes.

Here's a brief planning outline. Our names are against areas of special interest - but don't let that stop you adding your name if its a favourite topic!

Given the scope of the topic, each section will need to be quite brief - just a few minutes.

  1. Introduction
    • 'Warriors went to Whitewall': Some opening doggeral (John)
    • the White Wall group
    • Open Source Whitewall
    • Mything Links
    • Overview of topics
  2. Whitewall: the City
    • Location (Joerg)
    • Appearance (maps & graphics)
    • Mythology: esp. Helemakt and the Sea
    • History (Joerg)
    • Recent Civil war (Joerg)
    • The Volsaxi
  3. The Siege
    • Outline of major phases (John)
    • The Invasion of Heortland (Joerg)
    • Approximate forces and numbers (table)
      • BatBlat & the Last Storm (John)
      • Lunar Victory
  4. The Lunars

   Commanders

   Forces

   Strategy

   The College of Magic

5. The Defenders

   Commanders

   Forces

   Strategy

   The Blue Arrow Callings

6. The Chaining of Orlanth

   Lunar strategy

   Heortling responses

   Fimbulwinter

7. Epic Inspirations

If you have an interest in presenting any of these topics, or others - either in person at Tentacles or as a named contributer to the Powerpoint slides (which will be a resource available for reruns at future clan gatherings) - please place your name against them. John will be coordinating the text and preparing the Powerpoint presentation. I'd like it substantially complete by mid May.

Obviously, given the scope of this topic, each section will be quite short!

The slide show will basically be a summary of the background sources and the intial ideas we've shared so far. As such, its a source and reference document whose applicability goes far beyond Tentacles.

So if you're interested in presenting a few summary paragraphs on your favourite topics - either in person or for incorporation into the presentation, please speak up. We just need a few paragraphs for the slides, though more involved background can go into the notes section for reference during discussion.

Cheers

John

nysalor_at_...                              John Hughes
Questlines: http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/

There was many corpse cold on blood-blackened ground; From warriors ravens grew red
And the Kheldon Queen called clans to vengeance, Hurricane Rebels! - I sing to their valour.

From tulas harsh-stripped

            streamed the strong called to battle, Spears each held ready, shield-clash they sought. Fyrd-fierce and fearless, from hearth called and harstings Fashioned they feasting for Humakt's dark-swans.