RE: Kallyr arrives, departs, etc.

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 00:33:56 +0100

> >1620: Early, middle: In Whitewall with Broyan
> >Winter: Returns to the Quivini.
> >1621: among the Quivini when Whitewall falls.
> >
> >OK, her departure at the start of winter *is* a bit odd. And a bit
> >final.
>
> Except that we've already decided that both sides wind down their
> forces during winter.

True, but it looks to me as if Kallyr generally spends winter in Whitewall, not wandering around Dragon Pass (a bit chilly, impassable, etc, when you don't have a fixed home to go to.)

> We still need a reason for her not returning
> in the Spring though. Do we know what she was doing among the Quivini?

Not specifically, no. As a general rule, it's been "guerilla and commando activities" and "fostering resistance".

> >The other was as part of that myth-reenactment that establishes
> >Broyan as Vingkot. That involved "Orlanth" being outlawed from his
> >stead by his "brothers", and later being summoned back by "Vingkot"

> >Unfortunately, this doesn't give much time to build up all the plot
> >that must have been involved in getting the right number of brother-
> >representatives so annoyed with Kallyr that they kick her out of
> >Whitewall :(
>
> Another possibility is that she and Broyan intended to
> re-enact the myth but ran out of time part way though leaving
> Orlanth (Kallyr) outlawed and exiled from WW while Broyan
> fails to properly identify with Vingkot.

Hmm... Can't say I'm very keen on the idea, but it *does* fit.

> This could explain
> the lack of defenders when the city falls - they're all on
> the Hero plane and having to find a way out which doesn't
> involve returning to occupied WW.

I think we were considering a mundane-plane re-enactment, not going onto the HP, weren't we? Hence Kallyr really, in the mundane, leaving Whitewall?