RE: Kallyr arrives, departs, etc.

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:06:05 +0100

> >True, but it looks to me as if Kallyr generally spends winter in
> >Whitewall, not wandering around Dragon Pass (a bit chilly,
> impassable, etc, when you don't have a fixed home to go to.)
>
> So for some reason she's invited to spend winter with the
> Quivini. Presumably there was someone at WW with sufficent
> authority among the tribe to get away with inviting her.

Could be, though I'm not convinced that she'd take the risk of getting her friends into that much trouble if she was found. Or maybe she really was travelling around the Quivin mountains all winter. Practising her skiing ready for Fimbulwinter?

> Just a wild thought - perhaps she was captured by the Lunars
> and they either didn't realise who she was or they referred
> the matter up the command line and she escaped before they
> decided what to do with her.

I'm sorry, but I just don't believe the Lunars could be that incompetent at this stage. Didn't recognise her? She's got a crystal embedded in her skull. A little bit obvious? Captured and then escaped, maybe (she seems to make a habit of it), but that can't have introduced much a delay.

> True, it doesn't seem very heroic just running out of time.
> Perhaps the
> Lunars should interfere and delay or break the quest. By this
> time Tatius
> has a lot of magicians and there aren't many ideas for what
> they're all doing.

Only works if they realise what she's up to, but it's an interesting possibility.

> >I think we were considering a mundane-plane re-enactment, not going
> >onto the HP, weren't we? Hence Kallyr really, in the
> mundane, leaving Whitewall?
>
> Were we? I'm afraid I get lost with all the distinctions
> between practice quests, mundane plane re-enactments and the
> real thing.

Me too. And I'm sure in Glorantha there's a sliding scale between them, not fixed, rigid boundaries.

> I tend to fudge them all together so a quester
> acting on the mundane plane in the same way as the myth
> requires on the Hero plane fits perfectly well.

Same here, when writing stories at least.