RE: Kallyr arrives, departs, etc.

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 22:11:33 +0100

> Never underestimate the incompetancy of a bureaucracy. A
> junior officer in some out of the way place sends a message
> claiming to have captured Kallyr Starbrow and asking for
> instructions. The general's aide, newly arrived from the
> Heartlands, goes "Who? some chieftain's floozy no doubt."

Or possibly "Yeah, sure, and I'm the Red Emperor"

> puts it into the pile of things to mention when the general's
> got some spare time and promptly forgets about it. Several
> weeks later the junior officer sends a message to say that
> rebels have freed the prisoner and all hell breaks loose.

That's such a lovely picture that it's just got to happen sometime! Quite how some junior officer manages that in the first place is an interesting question, but I'm sure a series of bad dice rolls and some PC intervention/incompetence could do it. Plus her Trickster, of course. The one who's giving her an augment of -14 all the time. Yes, I re-read that a few times, and did the sums to check. That's not a skill. It really is an augment of -14. I gave up trying to calculate what his *ability* in "noisy" must be like.

>>> Perhaps  the Lunars should interfere and delay or break the quest.

> >Only works if they realise what she's up to, ...
> Why? Disrupting your enemy's plans even when you don't
> precisely know what they are is a standard military tactic.

If you can, yes. But if they don't know where she is, don't know where she's going, and have no idea what she's trying to do, their chances of stopping her doing it seem to be rather low.