Re: Re: siege engines

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:06:10 +0100 (BST)

> The Lunar army
> > doesn't seem to have a dearth of commanders that
> think they know
> > better. (Starting with Jorkandros and working down
> > Jane's "Junior Officer who lets Kallyr go".)

He *doesn't* think he knows better, poor sod. But he does seem to be ending up in yet another story that I won't have time to finish.

BTW, who's the Lunar controlling Sartar while first Fazzur and then Tatius are playing soldiers further south?

> Siege towers make for impressive visual effects.
> Pulling them up ramps
> is a classic I wouldn't like to miss.

True. Yes, we'd need the ramp to give them the required height, but we have to have them in there.

> > To destroy siege engines requires a sortie
> (traditionally at
> > night) to burn them.
>
> Something that just screams "Nightjumpers" at me...

> > Killing the engineers who can build the engines is
> a good idea too.
>
> More sizzling lightning...

Sneaking around destroying enemy weapons screams "guerilla warfare" to me. You're got an expert in it sitting around in Whitewall. You don't want her getting bored, do you? She might come up with another "brilliant inspiration"" (aka "Cunning Plan") if that happened :(

Jane Williams