Tough Walls

From: drfegg_at_...
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:23:31 EDT

It seems to me that trying to smash the walls is a WASTE OF TIME. They are magiked to prevent change and resist change so if I was a Lunar General I would go for soft targets. Undermining would be dangerous as the Orlanthi would collapse them so a ramp to the walls and ladders, siege towers and Mostali Assault Ladders to get over the walls is the best if not the only way to go. Romans at Masada numbered 10K to 15K people including Jewish prisoners of war used for ramp building which took about nine months. Chucking huge rocks at the walls is probably a bad idea but the rock equivelent of grape shot will keep the Orlanthi's heads down whilst ramp building etc is going on.
I couldn't help but chuckle with the reference to flaming war pigs. Lets go the whole hog (sorry!) and have flaming war tuskers...