RE: Re: Caves and Tunnels

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 19:50:41 +0100

> Steve suggested:
>
> >In such systems you may get strange and bizarre formations eg one
> >group of stalagmites form a certain angle looks like an old woman
> >complete with shawl. An iron deposit has stained it red and is known
> >locally as The Blooded Hag.

Lovely!

Oliver:
> I like it. As a suggestion maybe the red stains are from an iron
> sword driven into the formation. Then PCs are left wondering why the
> sword is there and whether they can safely pull it out or not.

Just one problem. An iron sword, with a possible risk involved? Given the sort of people you get around Whitewall, I give it five minutes before "whether they can safely pull it out" gets tested. A sword that no-one has ever been able to pull out, maybe. A sword that no-one's ever tried pulling out, no!