Re: Caves and Tunnels

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 09:29:34 -0000

> It's a good story, but the trouble is that it
> precludes so many others.
>
> We no longer need to Call the Hurricane.

I don't think so. What if the sword doesn't work...

> We don't need all those PCs fighting things, just
> Broyan and his sword.

Again teleporting or flying towards the bat will still be something akin to a suicide mission!

> Unless the sword goes with the Bat, he's atill got it.
> For Iceland.

My idea was that it disappeard with the Bat.

> And, I'd suggest that we avoid using items known to be
> one-offs in Glorantha in this series of scenarios, as
> campaigns may already have them elsewhere. This
> "Arkats Holy Adamant Sword of Chaos Slaying" sounds a
> lot like the Unbreakable Sword to me: a one-off.
> (We've already removed it from the plot once!)

I agree.

> Hmm, timing: bring this up just as Broyan's recovered
> from the BatBlat and is trying to prove that he's up
> to the job again.

I am not sure what you mean here. Who would he need to prove himself to?

> And make it something that *only* the King can use, he
> can't just hand it to one of his champions and tell
> them to take the risk.

In heroic fiction the Hero King always puts himself in jepoardy. Even the Red Emperor enters personnal combat.

> There's Little Big's Horn already around (one-use,
> probably, plus the defenders don't know which of the
> two horns it is!)
>
> Bring it in for one of those champions duels that I
> believe were suggested for ths time period? Lunars say
> "will you accept a challenge from an unknown
> champion"? Orlanthi say "yeah, bring them on if you
> think they're hard enough"
> Lunars summon some huge, hideous Chaos Thing.

The Mirror Eyed Demon????

> > Hmmm. I like it! Would make a great film! Who
> > would play Broyan I wonder? Brian Blessed!!
>
> Oh yes, got to be Brian Blessed. No question.

While we're on the subject any ideas for someone to play Kallyr? Miranda Otto?

Rob