RE: Re: Caves and Tunnels

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:28:35 +0100

> > Hmm, timing: bring this up just as Broyan's recovered
> > from the BatBlat and is trying to prove that he's up
> > to the job again.
>
> I am not sure what you mean here. Who would he need to prove
> himself to?

All the other people who've been squabbling over the leadership while he was recovering from being Mindblasted. Well, most of them. Somehow he needs to show that he's fully recovered and back in command. Even the people loyal to him may be unsure if he's up to it.

> > And make it something that *only* the King can use, he
> > can't just hand it to one of his champions and tell
> > them to take the risk.
>
> In heroic fiction the Hero King always puts himself in jepoardy.
> Even the Red Emperor enters personnal combat.

Exactly: but only for the special fights. He delegates the little stuff. Then it's really heroic when he does the big stuff.

> > Bring it in for one of those champions duels that I
> > believe were suggested for ths time period? Lunars say
> > "will you accept a challenge from an unknown
> > champion"? Orlanthi say "yeah, bring them on if you
> > think they're hard enough"
> > Lunars summon some huge, hideous Chaos Thing.
>
> The Mirror Eyed Demon????

Never heard of it, but it's a good name.

> While we're on the subject any ideas for someone to play Kallyr?

I've never yet seen an actress who looks like a Kallyr to me.

> Miranda Otto?

Mmm.. Google image searching..

As seen as Eowyn, no. Warrior yes, leader and rebel no.

There's a picture of her here, though
http://213.84.188.139:81/Miranda%20Otto%204.jpg

that looks like she might have possibilities. Red hair rather than blonde is a start.