Re: Isandlwana

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 21:16:43 -0000

Cheers for piccies, Dave -- some nice features.

Naturally, of course, all allusions so far suggested are wrong, and the area looks like the Pennines, which is a *proper* mountain range.

I don't care for using these kopjes as a relatively exact basis for Whitewall, but it was the first piccy I'd seen that, geomorphologically, had a twin-tier structure of similar proportions-- for the tor vis-a-vis the plateau.

My recent research has focused on ludicrous scalings taken wholly out of their natural environment -- real examples in-context are quite frankly beyond me.

Cheerio,

Stu.