RE: Tribal size

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:54:42 -0700

Joerg:
>> With that in mind, here's my suggested population figures for the
>>  Volsaxar:
>> Volsaxi    50,000
>> Bacofi       5,000
>> Curtali       2,500
>> Sylangi     6,000

> I disagree about the Curtali if they have received Stagwood and Vorda
> Hill as holdings. Closer to 5,000, I'd expect. A few rather fat
clans.

I don't really have any strong opinions on whether the Curtali have 2500 or 5000 members. Just that they are puny compared to the Volsaxi.

> The Volsaxi tribe probably has regional sub-tribes or oddities like
> triaties etc, too.

I'm sure there are lots of oddities, triaties, groupings, etc. Probably not sub-kings though.

> > I think that the Volsaxi clans are about the same size as Sartarite
> > ones.
> At least around Whitewall. In the Smithstone region things might be
> different, given the lay of the land. Some clans there might even be
> somewhat Andrinic... after all, Hardrard's split occurred some 50-80
> years after the establishment of the Andrinic ways.

Could be, although I think that the roughly 1200 person clan (with some bigger and some smaller) is the norm even amongst the Andrinic earldoms. I think it is a basic Heortling thing.

Jeff