Re: Mail-order Char-Un brides

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 13:23:08 +0200 (CEST)

Stewart Stansfield

> For something related but completely different (?!)... if you're
> looking at weddings, and mail-order Char-Un brides, you could try
> investigating the criminal underworld of Whitewall...

> http://www.eparsnip.f2s.com/phpwiki/index.php?Whitewall%20criminal%20underworld

> Holds a few suggestions for possible fun.

Lovely.

My main complaint is that you haven't filed Zoggri under "Characters" and given him a separate file, making that page a reference page with character abstracts. If you don't mind, I'll make those changes.

Why? Because there's that "Lanbrili" ring called the Safecrackers around, from back when the OOO ruled the land and Argan Argar merchants regularly visited the city where they had been granted unmolested entry. The Safecrackers are a gang of lowlife thugs up to any violent crime, but with special magic to open even magical strongboxes.

In reality, they are worse: they are just puppets for a Krarsht priest hierarchy somewhere in the deep tunnels connecting Destor's Hills with the Footprint. This connection also allows them to trespass some of the tunnels below the city, with barely disguised krarshtides (Krarsht spirits) guiding them. Their services are for sale, and often have to be paid more than once. They are brutally effective, though.

Some small detail on them is in Tradetalk issue 6.