RE: A Wedding?

From: donald_at_...
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:52:45 GMT

In message <000401c42761$9459f190$0302a8c0_at_master> "Jane Williams" writes:

>>.. Some could cause a little gossip if one of the
>> couple was very recently widowed.
>
>Even more if it was a case of "well, she's *probably* dead in action.." and
>the assumption was proved to be Untrue, either ten seconds before the final
>"I do" or ten minutes after.

So the heroine is left for dead on the battlefield, recovers, fights her way through half the Lunar army, arrives at the gate of WW to be told of the wedding and rushes to the temple arriving ten minutes too late for her husband's new wedding. I like the image....and what a lovely mess to get a PC involved in even if only as a relative of one of the triangle.

Further idea - if this involves some important people there could be major repercussions with warbands leaving in a huff because a leader didn't get their way over the issue. One of the reasons for the decline in numbers of the defenders in late 1620. A typical Orlanthi reaction - "We may lose the siege but we'll still fight on to the end. What! I'm not staying if Olaf doesn't divorce that woman he married while my cousin is still alive".

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/