Re: The Market

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:00:41 -0700 (PDT)

Just as I hit send on this:
> This is sheep country. The nearby forest provides a
> few herbs that can be used to dye wool. The market
> here is primarily one for the factoring of wool
> production -- shepherders come in with raw wool to
> sell at shearing; the resident clans buy most of it
> and distribute it to their bloodlines, which tend to
> specialize into dyers, spinners, weavers, and
> tailors.
> Each preceding stage in the process has an
> obligation
> to give a goodly proportion of their production back
> to the clan, which gives it to the next stage. The
> bloodlines sell their remaining goods in the great
> market, which has a small shrine to Issaries, Heler,
> and Voriof.

It occurred to me that perhaps each clan does a different function, with custom establishing the prices that they pay each other. The problem is that any fluctuations in the price of raw wool would ripple disagreements thorugh the chain of production. Orlanthi being Orlanthi, heads would get knocked together with fair regularity. (So maybe that's right?)

Chris Lemens

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos: High-quality 4x6 digital prints for 25� http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash