Re: Clan Ring

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 09:34:57 -0700

I don't think there are "citizens of Whitewall". There are members of clans who are part of the Volsaxi tribe. And there are guests of these clans or of the tribe. I don't think Whitewall is its own corporate entity.

Moreover, they by and large aren't governed. If they have a dispute within their clan, that dispute is resolved by the clan. If they have a dispute with someone outside of the clan, then ultimately it is up to the king (or other acceptable Third Party like the Larnsti) to resolve it.

If the King decides to increase the tribute from the various clans so as to feed his hosts, the other clans can always refuse to pay. And Broyan is always free then to take t by force - both actions are lawful. A wise king tries to get good advice as to what the clans are willing to tolerate - that is part of the role of the Tribal Ring.