Re: Re: The Lovers

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 02:06:23 GMT

In message <c6c1m4+4kng_at_...> "Oliver D. Bernuetz" writes:
>Donald said:
>>
>> I also wonder if we're tying
>> the named characters too closely together. I know Orlanthi go in for
>> complex relationships but there are several hundred people in WW and
>> it seems a bit strange that the dozen we've mentioned so far are all
>> related this closely.
>
>True but that is a pretty standard literary/cinematic feature.

Yes, that's because the story line follows a small number of characters who the reader/viewer is expected to identify with. What we're doing is creating a background for narrators and players to fit their characters into and it's those characters the game centres round. So, within reason, the more characters available and loose ends for the PCs to connect to the better.

This may be my inexperience of game supplement writing showing here so you can just tell me it doesn't work like that.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/