Re: Re: inside the walls

From: Oliver Bernuetz <bernuetz_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 09:20:27 -0500

Steve said:

> Yea, but Whitewall is a failure. I personally don't see it with
> cyclopean walls. Wintertop yes, Whitewall no. Personal taste thing
> again! However I don't see a Pavis but a once beautiful Heortling
> Citadel with elaborate Longhouses for the influetial Temple workers
> but now crumbling and (excuse the phrase) needing a lick of woad.

There's definitely cyclopean walls. Whitewall isn't a failure structurally. It's a failure because its location is mostly useless. Remember that WW was built by an Artist. The place was built to win a contest so Sestarto went all out. He wanted to make a masterpiece. It is definitely being used as a Heortling centre but it can have all sorts of weirdo elements that don't fit the Heortling lifestyle because the Artist built it like that. The place was unused for a long time so much had fallen down but bits still remain. Think the silliness that went on at Versaille with Louis and his court pretending to be peasants in their silk peasant clothes. Think of building projects where the architect has carte blanche and unlimited funds. Scary no? Whitewall should be a mix of the grandious stuctures Sestarto built and the amatuerish/jury-rigged stuff later groups have built. Beautiful marble longhouses with faux thatching next to your bog-standard lumber longhouse, next to some weird pile of rocks lived in by weirdo Helerings.

Oliver