Re: Re: Clan Ring

From: donald_at_...
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 00:04:18 GMT

>The only reason I'm going on about this is because I see various factions
>vying for any PC's favour and the most obvious faction at WW is/are the clan(s)
>but then I run into the problem of why would they want the PC's favour, what's
>in it for the clan. The only reason I can come up with is that it matters
>because it boosts the clan standing within a "city" (although I prefer the term
>community) ring. Politics! On any ring which excludes the general populace I
>personally like the Ginna Jar representative (representing the community
>collective) comes from the general populace.

I've just added a scenario to the Wiki which imediately brings anyone arriving at Whitewall into the politics even if the narrator doesn't insist they have a relationship with someone already there. All that's needed is an outline of what the traditional arguments between clans are and the PCs can be dragged into anything. Just the same as when Rana walks into the wedding party, the PCs are there enjoying the fun like everyone else and go "Oh shit!" because they will be expected to take sides based on the relationships they have already established.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/