Re: Stormhold Scenario: Background Ideas

From: donald_at_...
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 01:08:40 GMT

In message <5.2.0.9.0.20040429090813.00b94b70_at_...> John Hughes writes:

>1. I'm using Donald's Gatethane, Kistrald the Steady as one of the few
>external characters.

At the moment he's just a name and a clan. Do you want me to write him up a bit? or have you got something in mind?

>These are my initial, tentative thoughts on leadership and strategic camps
>in early 1620:
>
>* Kallyr - wait for Broyan's recovery, continue to extract non-combatants,
>fight cautiously, preserve forces, look to mythic, long-term strategies.
>Defeat in Whitewall is inevitable.
>
>* Beti - institute new leader (me, or at least not Kallyr), fight
>heroically, start a second front somewhere close. The seige can be a
>partial victory. I'm not sure what we'll do next, But I will think of
>something.
>
>* Contender 3 - institute new leader, fight a hero fight that will endure
>in song forever. The siege will be a glorious last battle.
>
>* Contender 4 - institute new leader, make peace with honour. End the siege
>if possible. Consider surrender. 'Why can't we all be friends?'
>
>* Scathach?

I can see her being pushed into it if she's seen as the only person who can prevent a damaging feud. Otherwise she'll support a prudent contender, or she might have an insight that tells her who is most suitable.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/