Re: Stormhold Scenario: Background Ideas

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 11:03:51 +1000

> >1. I'm using Donald's Gatethane, Kistrald the Steady as one of the few
> >external characters.
>
> At the moment he's just a name and a clan. Do you want me to write him
> up a bit? or have you got something in mind?

For the module, I need only the idea that he's powerful, influential and that as Gatethane he has control over who guards the wall by night and day, and who gets to be part of the roving hero bands that engage in combat beyond the walls. In that sense, whatever his political power, he is one of the most influential people in the city. Wall watch is deadly, defensive, often boring and largely impersonal, while the roving hero bands who fight beyond the walls win fame and glory and mead. Everyone wants to be part of those bands.

That's the senior Rigsdali's carrot and stick: the PCs who serve well on his watch will be mentioned as suitable for the hero bands, who get real combat and glory and song.

If you would like to write him up for Wiki, that would be great. If the module serves as a bit of a feeder, I'm sure players would like to read more. And for hero types, the Gatethane is a *very* important person.

Cheers

John