Re: Stormhold Scenario: Background Ideas

From: donald_at_...
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 12:04:05 GMT

In message <5.2.0.9.0.20040504153052.01d16af0_at_...> John Hughes writes:

[Kistrald the Gate-thane]

>That's fine, and I think our ideas do mesh. In 'Stormhold' he's an NPC and
>a background figure. Partially disabled perhaps, and so no longer a
>warrior. If he's normally on the gate by day, it would be unusual to see
>him about at night. Mind you. tonight is an unusual night. There 's a
>leadership moot in the city, and then... stuff happens on the walls.

I don't think the Orlanthi will have a proper shift system, so it's up to individual narrators when he's on duty as suits their story line. Alternatively he could appear because there's a problem and someone calls on him to sort it out.

>I can certainly work with him not being powerful politically. But if he's
>one of those who choose warriors to fight beyond the wall, he certainly
>going to have influence, even if its just in mentioning names to the real
>wall commanders.

Fine, I'll write him up in the next few days.

>I think that you can have someone that does not apparently rank
>highly but still be very influential and hence powerful.

That's what I'm aiming for, and if the PCs don't recognise that....

> And do not under-estimate the value of a sensible and
>reliable Heortling male...

Well yes, that's what makes him an interesting character and the reason he's got the position.

I've also added Sophia Portia Rastilla, fereshori in the service of Great Sister, to the Lunar characters. A vexilla Tatius didn't ask for, didn't expect and would rather hadn't appeared.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/