Re: Re: Tribal size

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 17:30:20 +0200 (CEST)

Charles Corrigan

> May I respectfully suggest that this hardy perennial be taken
> offline. While I understand that the topic is meat and drink for
> many, I personally find it a distraction and boring. And I suspect
> that I am not alone in this attitude.

> The results of the discussion will be useful but, unfortunately,
> past experience on other lists suggest that there will not be such a
> resolution. :-(

The result of the discussion is meant to produce a believable map of the region.

I don't really need to know how many people there were in Wicce in the Domesday Book. I need to know how many Volsaxi steads and villages to place northwest of Destor's Hill. I need to get an idea where and how agriculture is practiced in the region. Several participants have offered good insights that ought to go into the mapping project, and I'd appreciate further input - like how to farm and/or herd in and around the Aurochs Hills, average distance between steads, villages (=clan seats), etc.

Funny as this may sound, but the Kitori occupation of northern Volsaxar has quite directly to do with the agricultural use of the region before Colymar's expedition and in the centuries afterwards. Imperial Age history gives similar insights - we know that Beast Valley was densely populated by Heortlings (probably Sedenorvuli). How densely depends on crop issues etc.

Let's return to Volsaxar content, though...