RE: Re: Tribal size

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 13:10:40 -0700

> > And there is a fair amount of wildland for hunting. Again, let's
just
> > look at the Colymar lands: we have the northern half of the
Starfire
> > Ridge, the Colymar Wilds (from the Big Starfire Ridge to the
Thunder
> > Hills), the Thunder Hills and the Oakland Back, not to mention
other
> > small woods and copses. With some provisions, there is always the
> > Quivin mountains themselves or, for the daring, there is the
Dragonnewt
> > Wilds or beyond. Certainly enough wildland to support about a
hundred
> > full-time hunters and several hundred occasional hunters.
> So about what, 2% of activity and food production?

Yeah that's about right. Hunting is probably more important for trade goods than for food.

> At what level would you estimate it to be in Volsaxar?

Slightly higher amongst the Bacofi and Sylangi, Slightly lower amongst the Volsaxi. I suspect there is a fair amount of hunting around the Backmarsh (which is not haunted by undead - just trolls). The Volsaxiland and the Dales are good farming country, with plenty of grazing in the Finovan Hills and in Destor's Hills. BTW, I think the regional chief Ernalda temple is at Vorda Hill.

 Jeff