RE: Re: Tribal size

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 17:03:29 -0700

> > [Hunting productivity vs. Colymar]
> > Slightly higher amongst the Bacofi and Sylangi, Slightly lower
amongst
> > the Volsaxi.
> I'd have thought necessarily significantly, if different terrain and
> land use are the principal reason for the different population
> densities. And/or, significantly different balance of pasture and
> arable.

If we are using 2% as the baseline for hunters amongst the Colymar, then maybe 3-4% amongst the Bacofi/Sylangi and maybe 1+% amongst the Volsaxi. That's slightly higher (or lower) but also significant.

For those of you who are bored to tears with this discussion, what Joerg, Alex and I (and to some extent John) are doing is helping define the context for the Volsaxi. It helps me (and presumably others) to write the background (which I need to give Greg pretty soon) for the Volsaxi and Broyan if I know how they feed themselves, etc. For a loooooong time, I labored under assumption (which Joerg and I created) that the Volsaxi were in many ways less materially sophisticated than the Sartarites. I no longer believe that.

Jeff