RE: Nymie Vale

From: Jeff Richard <richj_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 13:13:34 -0700

> > events which ultimately
> > triggered Blackmor's coup and the establishment of a slave
> > plantation in the heart of the Nymie Vale.
> Maybe OT, but I'm pretty sure I've heard that that slave farm was
there from
> very early on in the Occupation. Do we have evidence either way, or
is it
> just YGWV? (If you have a good story to back it up, I'll use a
different
> place for 1602-ish events).

Nope. The slave farm was established in 1615 - check out Events of My Life. The slave farm was Blackmor's reward to his Lunar allies.

Prior to Starbrow's Rebellion, the Colymar were one of the Free Tribes of Sartar. They never formally surrendered to the Lunars - instead they paid them off with tribute. The Lunars took the crossing at Quackford from the Colymar and installed a very small garrison at Runegate (no more than one company). Essentially, the Colymar were largely independent of Lunars from 1602-1613. After the Rebellion, everything changed.

Jeff